Decreased vaginal sensation refers to a reduction in the ability to feel or perceive physical sensations in the vaginal area.
It can affect sexual pleasure and may be accompanied by other symptoms like decreased arousal or difficulty reaching orgasm.
The O Concept™ was created by Dr. Wakil to bring a wide range of non-surgical treatments now available for treating decreased vaginal sensation, but are not well known.
The O Concept™ is a bespoke program where the patient receives a treatment protocol that is tailor-made especially for her and the specific decreased sensitivity condition in order to achieve the best results. The O Concept™ is the only treatment protocol that combines treatments in specific order and at precise intervals based on each individual patient and their specific condition.
Referred to as the God Father of Sexual Aesthetics, Dr. Wakil has been awarded multiple national and global awards for his work in sexual rehabilitation and vaginal rejuvenation treating over 25,000 cases worldwide.
Treatment costPrice From
* After consultation the doctor will confirm the cost.
Treatment Summary at a glance
Dependent on the number of treatments our doctors will recommend.
Every treatment protocol is tailored to each patient.
The number of treatment sessions will vary accordingly.
Most of our procedures do not require anaesthesia, however, topical anaesthesia may be required dependent on the nature of the procedure.
How can we help you?
A 2017 survey by counselling organisation Relate found that only a third (34%) of UK adults are satisfied with their sex lives, while 32% have experienced a sexual problem.
Dr. Sherif Wakil and his team of qualified health professionals have helped diagnose and treat thousands of patients worldwide with the groundbreaking multi-factorial O Concept™ protocol developed by Dr Wakil in early 2013.
The patient receives a treatment protocol that is tailor-made especially for her and her specific decreased vaginal sensation in order to achieve the best results following the diagnosis based on a combination of clinical assessment, medical history, and patient-reported symptoms.
We offer interest FREE finance plans to patients. Please contact our experienced team to learn more.
Several factors can contribute to decreased vaginal sensation, possible causes include:
- Hormonal Changes: Fluctuations in hormone levels, particularly a decrease in estrogen, can lead to changes in vaginal tissue, including decreased sensitivity. This commonly occurs during menopause or perimenopause when estrogen levels naturally decline.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as antidepressants, antihistamines, and some birth control methods, can affect sexual response and contribute to decreased vaginal sensation as a side effect.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and nerve damage (neuropathy), can affect nerve function and reduce vaginal sensation.
- Vaginal Dryness: Vaginal dryness, which can result from hormonal changes, medications, or other factors, can lead to decreased lubrication and may contribute to reduced sensation during sexual activity.
- Psychological Factors: Psychological factors like stress, anxiety, relationship issues, or a history of trauma can impact sexual response and affect vaginal sensation.
Treatment options for decreased vaginal sensation may include:
- Hormone Therapy: For menopausal or postmenopausal women, hormone replacement therapy can be prescribed to restore estrogen levels and improve vaginal health and sensitivity.
- Lubricants and Moisturisers: Using vaginal lubricants during sexual activity can enhance comfort and increase sensation. Vaginal moisturisers can also be used regularly to alleviate dryness and improve tissue health.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises: Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles through exercises, such as Kegels, can help improve blood flow and enhance sensitivity in the vaginal area.
- Psychological Support: Addressing underlying psychological factors, such as stress or anxiety, through therapy can help improve sexual response and enhance overall satisfaction.
The most popular treatments for decreased sensation are limited, which doesn’t always suit every patient, or get the best results.
The O Concept™ protocol founded by Dr. Wakil uses the latest cutting-edge non-surgical treatments that achieve results in just a few sessions, approx. 20-40 mins each, with no to very little down-time, and no side effects reported.
Dr SW Clinics