Using the power of innovative science and modern technology, Dr SW Clinic can help you live your best pain-free life without the need for invasive surgery.
Depending on factors such as age, sex and lifestyle, prolonged or acute joint pain may be caused by a number of factors. Most joint pain may be result of osteoarthritis in the joint.
Traditional surgery for osteoarthritis of the joints may involve the following:
• Inflammation and infection
• Emotional stress and physical pain
• High costs
• Incompatibility with the body’s natural biology
Regenerative cell therapy and pain-relieving injections are quick, efficient and can leave you instantly pain-free!
At Dr SW Clinic we can treat a range of knee conditions using regenerative medicine and pain relieving injections . Many of these treatments an even provide alternatives to knee replacements.
Most people will from knee pain in their lifetime. But if you’re tired of living with knee pain and looking for a non-surgical intervention, then DR SW Clinics could help you get back to your best, pain-free life.
1. Knee Pain – There can be many causes of knee pain as your knee is the largest joint in the body. If you have any knee pain that has been ongoing for weeks or months, book a consultation with Dr SW Clinics and we will get you a speedy diagnosis.
2. Knee Bursitis – This condition can cause pain and swelling as well as a fluid-filled sac which forms just under the skin next to the knee.
3. Bakers Cyst – This condition is a swelling at the back of the knee. It is often associated with pain and a restriction in bending the knee. If you notice any swelling or pain at the back of the knee, you may have a baker’s cyst.
4. Meniscal tears – This is a common condition, particularly in those who participate in impact sports e.g., running, football and tennis. If you have pain, swelling, locking or catching of the knee, you may have a meniscal tear.
5. Patella tendinopathy – This is the result of an overuse injury which can cause pain and tenderness in the tendons at the front of the knee. If you have pain just below the kneecap and after prolonged periods of rest that is worse after activity, you may have patella tendinopathy.
Treatment costPrice From
* After consultation the doctor will confirm the cost.
Treatment Summary at a glance
One – Three
Minor pain at injection site
Pain free joints
Between a few months and a lifetime
Within two days
Within two weeks
How does it work?
Your Consultant will assess which injection is best for you following an initial consultation. We may require a diagnostic ultrasound, x-ray or MRI depending on which injection therapy your Consultant thinks will aid you the most.
At consultation, your Consultant will be able to tell you if you are suitable. We may need an MRI or x-ray to confirm next steps.
The procedure is relatively pain free. Your harvesting site will be numbed with local anaesthetic. If you’re in any pain post-procedure, you will be discharged with pain relief.
Regenerative cell therapy takes between 1-2 hours. Pain reliving injections take no more than 20 minutes per joint.
All procedures are carried out under local anaesthetic so within one and three hours of your procedure, patients are typically discharged. All patients should have a chaperone (friend, family member or carer) to collect them after their procedure and remain with them on their journey home.
You are likely to feel mild pain in the joint for two to three days, however the pain can be managed with regular strength painkillers.
Post procedure, you should refrain from strenuous activity for at least two weeks.
Patients can feel immediate pain-relief. If this is not the case, do not worry, effects may take some days to come through and research has found it could take between 3-5 days.
Depending on the joint issue you present with, there may be a couple of ways to diagnose your pain and thereby find you a lasting solution.
Firstly, you will have a telephone consultation with one of our highly trained patient advisors. This patient advisor will ask you a series of pre-assessment questions to better understand your personal needs.
You will then be invited for a consultation with one of our leading experts. To better gain an understanding of the problem, the Consultant may suggest you receive an x-ray or an MRI.
What is an x-ray?
A diagnostic test that can help identify what issues are causing the pain.
What is an MRI?
A diagnostic test using a magnetic field and radio waves for a detailed image of both joint and soft tissue.
What is an ultrasound?
Typically a handheld device that provides an on the spot image of the soft tissue.
Once we’ve received the results of your diagnostic tests, our team will be able to advise you on next best steps to get you pain free.
Dr SW Clinics