Using the power of innovative science and modern technology, Dr SW Clinic can help you live your best pain-free life without the need for invasive surgery.
A meniscal tear is a common knee injury that involves damage to one of the two C-shaped cartilage structures (menisci) located in the knee joint.
These menisci serve as shock absorbers and provide stability to the knee. Meniscal tears can occur as a result of traumatic injuries or degenerative changes over time.
There are several types of meniscal tears, including:
- Radial Tear: This type of tear extends from the outer edge of the meniscus towards the inner part.
- Horizontal Tear: This type of tear occurs parallel to the top surface of the meniscus.
- Flap Tear: A flap of the meniscus is partially separated from the rest of the cartilage.
- Bucket-Handle Tear: A significant portion of the meniscus becomes detached and can flip into the joint, causing locking of the knee.
Prompt medical evaluation and appropriate treatment are essential for managing meniscal tears effectively and preventing long-term knee problems.
At Dr SW Clinics, we can treat a range of pain conditions using Regenerative Medicine and pain-relieving injections. If you are tired of living with pain and looking for a non-surgical intervention, then Dr SW Clinics could help you get back to your optimal quality of life.
Treatment costPrice From
* After consultation the doctor will confirm the cost.
Treatment Summary at a glance
Pain reliving injections take no more than 20 minutes.
Every treatment plan is tailored to each patient. The number of treatment sessions will vary accordingly.
How can we help you?
At Dr SW Clinics, the Capital of Regenerative Medicine and Wellbeing, we have successfully treated thousands of patients with globally recognised, evidence based, Regenerative Medicine. Dr. Sherif Wakil and his team of qualified health professionals will assess which injection therapy is best for you following an initial consultation.
We may require a diagnostic ultrasound, x-ray or MRI depending on which injection therapy your Consultant thinks will aid you the most.
We offer interest FREE finance plans to patients. Please contact our experienced team to learn more.
- Trauma: Meniscal tears often result from sudden twisting or forceful rotation of the knee joint during activities like sports, falls, or accidents. These traumatic injuries can lead to tears in the meniscus.
- Degeneration: As individuals age, the menisci may undergo wear and tear, becoming thinner and more fragile. Degenerative meniscal tears can occur with minor trauma or even during routine activities.
- Pain in the knee, especially along the joint line.
- Swelling and stiffness in the knee.
- Difficulty fully bending or straightening the knee.
- A sensation of the knee “catching” or “locking” during movement.
- Popping or clicking sounds within the knee.
- Instability or a feeling that the knee is giving way.
Depending on the joint issue you present with, there may be a couple of ways to diagnose your pain and thereby find you a lasting solution.
Firstly, you will have a telephone consultation with one of our highly trained patient advisors. This patient advisor will ask you a series of pre-assessment questions to better understand your personal needs.
You will then be invited for a consultation with one of our leading experts. To better gain an understanding of the problem, the Consultant may suggest you receive an x-ray or an MRI.
What is an x-ray?
A diagnostic test that can help identify what issues are causing the pain.
What is an MRI?
A diagnostic test using a magnetic field and radio waves for a detailed image of both joint and soft tissue.
What is an ultrasound?
Typically a handheld device that provides an on the spot image of the soft tissue.
Once we’ve received the results of your diagnostic tests, our team will be able to advise you on next best steps to get you pain free.
Dr SW Clinics