Regenerative medicine offers new ways of being able to replace, restore, or regenerate damages or diseased tissue and organs and further, to reestablish normal function in the human body, controlling the inflammatory response, accelerating tissue repair, and reducing pain.
At Dr SW Clinics, we use Dafne to offer a solution for the main vulvo-vaginal diseases, including:
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
Dysfunctions of the pelvic floor represent an increasingly important health problem and, considering that the average age of the population tends to constantly increase, these diseases are destined to take on an increasingly important extent with all the psychological, social, but also economic consequences.
Worldwide, about 40% of women experience pelvic organ prolapse (POP), and this proportion is expected to increase with the aging of the population.
- Urinary Incontinence (mild, moderate, severe, urgency)
Urinary incontinence is a common problem that is often under-reported due to the embarrassing nature and social stigma attached. Urinary incontinence can have a considerable effect on an individual’s quality of life, but can be significantly improved with correct assessment, treatment and management.
- Vulvo-vaginal infections
The vagina of women of different ethnicities is inhabited by a variety of microorganisms, named vaginal microbiota, in varying quantities and proportions; among these, Lactobacillus spp. Lactobacilli that colonize the human vagina produce antimicrobial substances acting to counteract the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. Nevertheless, for causes not completely elucidated, the vaginal microbiota composition can change, and this alteration of the ecosystem can lead to vaginal dysbiosis and infections with various, adverse health outcomes, such as bacterial vaginosis (BV) and aerobic vaginitis (AV), both associated with a significantly increased risk of preterm birth, or vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC).
- Chronic Pain management
Hypertonic pelvinc floor dysfunction, vaginismus and vulvodynia refers to pathologies related to a high sensation of pain in the vulvo-vaginal area. Patient can present pelvic pain or dysfunction, soreness, itching, burning and painful intercourse.
- Post laser wounds and post-surgery recovery
The healing process after a laser treatment as well as after a surgery can often be difficult and unpleasant. The ability to fully control and accelerate the healing process may give patients the possibility to come back to their normal life easily.
The treatment with DAFNE combines Functional Electrical stimulation (FES) with LED-therapy and Vaginal Electroporation to reinforce pelvic floor muscles and reduce involuntary urine loss, increase oxygenation and microcirculation, improve lubrification and reduce the symptoms of pain.
- Electrical Stimulation (ES) therapy consists in the use of electric currents for therapeutic use. DAFNE exploits 4 different waves to obtain benefits both at muscular level, nerves level and in terms of restorement of the membrane cell potential, improving the activity of transmembrane channels, metabolism, ATP production and tissue regeneration.
- Through an appropriate modulation, in fact, it is possible to exploit Funcional Electrical Stimulation (FES), Transcutaneaous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and Microcurrent electrical neuromuscular stimulation (MENS) to treat specific diseases.
- The human body’s perception is, in general, a comfortable stimulation.
- On the other hand, the energy of LEDs is received by the human’s body by means of specific photoreceptors, inducing an increase in cell’s metabolic activity. Depending on the chosen wavelengths, different biological effects can be obtained.
- The red light (630nm) stimulates, heals and regenerates damaged vulvo-vaginal tissues, increases the blood flow and the oxygenation of epithelial tissues, thus stimulating the lubrication.
- The action of the blue light (420nm) produces an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action at the outermost levels.
- NIR (Near InfraRed- – 870nm) lights stimulate anti-inflammatory and tissue-regenerating actions, which are perfect for post-laser treatments and to reduce the feeling of pain.
- Vaginal Electroporation is possible thanks to ad-hoc controlled-intensity electric impulses stimulating the opening of trans-membrane channels through which to introduce active ingredients for therapeutic purposes.
Treatment costPrice From
* After consultation the doctor will confirm the cost.
Treatment Summary at a glance
Approx. 20 to 30 mins
6 to 8, dependent on the disease
Visible results after 3 treatments with a reduction of all symptoms.
Up 12 months
How does it work?
After checking that all components of the device have been correctly installed, proceed to switch on the device and select the desired treatment to perform.
DAFNE treatment is performed using a single-use probe that must be connected to the main handpiece. After having assembled it, carefully insert the probe in the vaginal channel. In order to facilitate the introduction of the probe, it is suggestable the use a slight veil of transparent electroconductive gel.
Pre-set parameters will appear for each treatment, but they can be modified and adjusted according to the patient condition. The power of electrostimulation should be set according to patient’s sensitivity.
DAFNE treatments don’t require the presence of a doctor / practitioner during the whole session: after setting the parameters, the patient can comfortably lay down and receiving the treatment.
In case of any discomfort, the patient can stop the treatment thanks to a safety system button called “biofeedback”, that the patient must hold during the treatment.
In case of products vehiculation (infusions, drugs, etc..) it is necessary to mix the Gel with the active ingredient before starting the procedure.
We offer interest FREE finance plans to patients. Please contact our experienced team to learn more.
A treatment with DAFNE is considered for women who reported: pelvic floor relaxation, leakage of urine, chronic pain, vaginal infections, as well as for patients who underwent surgeries or laser treatments to accelerate the healing process.
No, it doesn’t. The treatment with DAFNE in completely painless, non-invasive and totally pleasant for the patient. LEDs phototherapy, in fact, uses an athermal energy not perceived by the patient, as well as for microcurrents, which uses a low-intensity current below the human pain threshold and therefore not felt by the patient. Electrostimulation causes a slight unpainful muscle contraction, which is adapted according to patient’s sensitivity.
DAFNE’s treatments lasts from 20 to 30 minutes according to the program selected.
No, it isn’t. The patient can return to her normal life immediately after the treatment with no downtime or recovery time necessary.
Just after 3 treatments, it is possible to observe a reduction of all symptoms, an improve of lubrification, a greater awareness of the pelvic floor muscles thanks to their strengthening.
It is possible to appreciate an increase of tissue’s thickness as well as a decrease of the urgency score in case of SUI.
Consequently, the quality of women’s life starts to change. The sexual satisfaction scores demonstrated significant improvement including desire, arousal, lubrification, dyspareunia and ability to achieve orgasms.
Dr SW Clinics