Vaginal dryness refers to a condition where the vagina lacks proper moisture and lubrication.
It can lead to discomfort, pain, and difficulties during sexual activity. Vaginal dryness can be caused by various factors, including hormonal changes, certain medications, medical conditions, and psychological factors.
The O Concept™ – created by the pioneering Dr Wakil to bring a wide range of non-surgical treatments – is now available for vagina dryness treatment.
The O Concept™ is a bespoke program where the patient receives a treatment protocol that is tailor-made especially for her and the specific vaginal dryness condition in order to achieve the best results. The O Concept™ is the only treatment protocol that combines treatments, including the innovative O-Shot®, in specific order and at precise intervals based on each individual patient and their specific condition.
Referred to as the Godfather of Sexual Aesthetics, Dr Wakil has been awarded multiple national and global awards for his work in sexual rehabilitation and vaginal rejuvenation treatment, treating over 25,000 cases worldwide.
Treatment costPrice From
* After consultation the doctor will confirm the cost.
Treatment Summary at a glance
Dependent on the number of treatments our doctors will recommend.
Every treatment protocol is tailored to each patient.
The number of treatment sessions will vary accordingly.
Most of our procedures do not require anaesthesia, however, topical anaesthesia may be required dependent on the nature of the procedure.
How can we help you?
A 2017 survey by counselling organisation Relate found that only a third (34%) of UK adults are satisfied with their sex lives, while 32% have experienced a sexual problem.
Dr. Sherif Wakil and his team of qualified health professionals have helped diagnose and treat thousands of patients worldwide with the groundbreaking multi-factorial O Concept™ protocol developed by Dr Wakil in early 2013.
The patient receives a treatment protocol for vagina dryness that is tailor-made especially for her and her specific condition in order to achieve the best results following the diagnosis based on a combination of clinical assessment, medical history, and patient-reported symptoms.
We offer interest FREE finance plans to patients. Please contact our experienced team to learn more.
Some of the causes for vaginal dryness include:
- Hormonal Changes: A decrease in estrogen levels, such as during menopause, perimenopause, or after childbirth, is a common cause of vaginal dryness. Estrogen helps maintain vaginal moisture and lubrication, so a decline in estrogen can lead to dryness.
- Medications and Medical Conditions: Certain medications, such as hormonal contraceptives, antihistamines, and antidepressants, can cause vaginal dryness as a side effect. Medical conditions like Sjögren’s syndrome, an autoimmune disorder, can also contribute to decreased vaginal lubrication.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding can lead to decreased estrogen levels, which can contribute to vaginal dryness in some women.
- Psychological Factors: Psychological factors like stress, anxiety, and depression can affect sexual arousal and vaginal lubrication.
Treatments for vaginal dryness are usually limited and depend on the underlying cause and severity of symptoms. Some options include:
- Moisturisers: Vaginal moisturisers are non-hormonal products designed to provide long-lasting hydration to the vaginal tissues. They can be applied regularly to alleviate dryness and improve comfort.
- Lubricants: Lubricants are products that provide temporary lubrication during sexual activity. They can reduce friction and discomfort associated with vaginal dryness. Water-based or silicone-based lubricants are commonly used.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: For menopausal or postmenopausal women, hormone replacement therapy may be recommended to restore estrogen levels and improve vaginal dryness. This can be in the form of systemic hormone therapy or localised estrogen treatments like vaginal creams, rings, or tablets.
- Lifestyle Changes: Practicing good genital hygiene, avoiding harsh soaps or douching, and wearing breathable underwear can help maintain vaginal health and reduce dryness.
- Psychological Support: If psychological factors are contributing to vaginal dryness, seeking support from a therapist who specialises in sexual health can be beneficial.
Alongside being very limited, the most popular vagina dryness treatments often don’t suit every patient, or offer the best results.
The O Concept™ protocol founded by Dr Wakil uses the latest cutting-edge non-surgical treatments for vagina dryness that achieve results in just a few sessions, approx. 20-40 mins each, with no to very little down-time, and no side effects reported.
Dr SW Clinics